Williams (NYSE: WMB) today released its latest Sustainability Report, which provides a comprehensive review of environmental performance metrics and details the company’s focus on social and governance issues. An electronic version of the report is available at www.williams.com/sustainability.
“As a company that has been solving energy challenges for over 100 years, we are focused on delivering energy solutions that are both environmentally and economically sustainable and will benefit the world for generations to come,” said President and CEO Alan Armstrong. “This annual sustainability report reflects the important work of our 5,000-plus employees across the United States who join me in doing what’s right. Our people care deeply about providing energy to enhance quality of life, while protecting the environment and keeping each other and our assets safe in support of our local communities.”
Highlights of the report include the following:
- Ranked in top 1% of industry peer group for the S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment
- Included for 2nd consecutive year on the Dow Jones Sustainability™ World Index
- Listed on America’s Most Responsible Companies (2022) by Newsweek
- Reduced Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 43% since 2005, working toward a 2030 goal of a 56% reduction
- Outperformed 2022 target of reducing total methane emissions by 5% from a three-year average
- Executed first customer agreement for delivery of NextGen Gas, providing full supply chain measurement of methane intensity from production through delivery
- Joined the Oil and Gas Methane Partnership 2.0, an international methane emissions reporting initiative in early 2023
- Launched inaugural Williams Volunteer Week, with employees volunteering at 88 nonprofit organizations in 17 states
- Contributed $14 million to 2,091 organizations across 49 states and Washington, D.C.
- Hosted more than 200 stakeholder engagement events with local communities
- Supported 10 Employee Resource Groups with total membership exceeding 1,100 employees
Williams’ 2022 Sustainability Report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and references the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Oil & Gas – Midstream Standard and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In addition, Williams’ 2022 Sustainability Report received independent assurance from ERM Certification and Verification Services (ERM CVS) for select 2022 greenhouse gas emissions, safety, pipeline integrity, and diversity and inclusion data.
As the world demands reliable, low-cost, low-carbon energy, Williams (NYSE: WMB) will be there with the best transport, storage and delivery solutions to reliably fuel the clean energy economy. Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Williams is an industry-leading, investment grade C-Corp with operations across the natural gas value chain including gathering, processing, interstate transportation, storage, wholesale marketing and trading of natural gas and natural gas liquids. With major positions in top U.S. supply basins, Williams connects the best supplies with the growing demand for clean energy. Williams owns and operates more than 30,000 miles of pipelines system wide – including Transco, the nation’s largest volume natural gas pipeline – and handles approximately 30 percent of the natural gas in the United States that is used every day for clean-power generation, heating and industrial use. Learn how the company is leveraging its nationwide footprint to incorporate clean hydrogen, NextGen Gas and other innovations at www.williams.com.