June 24, 2019 /3BL Media/ - A global search is underway to find new members for five bodies that carry out crucial decision making and advisory functions for GRI, provider of the world’s most widely used sustainability reporting framework.
GRI seeks to ensure broad and inclusive participation in all of it’s governance, that is representative of people from different sectors, roles and countries. Stakeholders worldwide are encouraged to review the opportunities to get involved and spread the word as widely as possible.
There is still time to apply. The nomination period for the following two bodies is open until June 30:
- Global Sustainability Standards Board: the independent entity with sole responsibility for developing and implementing the GRI Standards
- Due Process Oversight Committee: the body ensuring the integrity of all activities related to the setting of the Standards
Submissions to join these three bodies close on July 12:
- GRI Board of Directors: the final decision-making authority for GRI’s governance and long-term strategy
- Stakeholder Council: the multi-stakeholder forum that advises the Board on strategic issues and business planning
- Independent Appointments Committee: the decision maker for the membership of GRI’s standard-setting bodies
View the above links for details of the remit, expectations, responsibilities and time commitment for each position, as well as the nomination process and how to apply. All appointments are on a voluntary basis for three-year terms, starting from 1 January 2020.
Headquartered in Amsterdam (Netherlands) with regional offices around the world, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is the independent international organization that helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate their sustainability impacts.
Tweet me: Interested in joining groups dedicated to shaping best practice in #sustainabilityreporting? The governance bodies of @GRi_Secretariat and #GRIstandards are open to new members. Learn more: http://bit.ly/2KYdPOF
KEYWORDS: advisory board, Advisory Council, career development, governance, GRI Standards, sustainability, Leadership, GRI