MINNEAPOLIS, Dec. 3, 2014 /3BL Media/ – Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT) has released “Delivering Societal Value through Responsible Growth,” the company’s 2014 Integrated Performance Report. The company’s first integrated report provides a comprehensive view of how Medtronic creates value to society through its efforts to increase global access to care, promote patient and employee safety, maintain financial strength, invest in communities, and care for the environment. The company’s commitment to working responsibly is reflected in its policies, practices, and programs around corporate governance, workforce development and training, environmental sustainability, and responsible sourcing.
Fiscal year 2014 performance highlights include:
- Providing lifesaving therapies and solutions to more than 10.5 million patients globally. That’s one life improved every three seconds.
- Achieving consistent financial performance and continued commitment to returning 50 percent of free cash flow to shareholders.
- Investing $67 million in communities through philanthropic contributions.
- Devoting $45.8 million to employee training and development.
- Reducing enterprise-wide energy use by 2 percent and CO2 emissions by 3 percent during fiscal year 2014 as part of our commitment to achieve a 15 percent reduction by 2020.
The report is available for download at http://www.medtronic.com/corporate-citizenship/sustainability/index.htm. Comments and feedback are welcomed at: email@example.com.
Medtronic was recently named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) for the fourth consecutive year.
Medtronic, Inc. (www.medtronic.com), headquartered in Minneapolis, is the global leader in medical technology – alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life for millions of people around the world.
KEYWORDS: Finance & Socially Responsible Investment, Business & Trade, Medtronic, Corporate Social Responsibility, global access, patient safety, employee safety, financial strength, community, Community Investment