- Players and military service members often retire with debilitating traumatic brain injuries (“TBIs”), including concussions, that lessen the quality of life and present neurological problems as they continue to age
- Odyssey has developed PRV-002, a novel compound for treating concussion, and a novel breath-propelled nasal delivery device for delivering the drug deep into the nasal cavity
- The PRV-002 drug is expected to offer reprieve to people suffering from concussion by potentially preventing long-term consequences of the condition
- The drug is currently undergoing evaluation as part of a Phase I study that has so far shown that it is well tolerated
- Planned Phase II/III studies will investigate PRV-002’s efficacy for concussed patients
In a recent interview with RedChip Companies, Pro Football Hall of Famer Brett Favre, who headlines the sports advisory board of medical company Odyssey Health (OTC: ODYY), expounded on an earlier statement in which he had described his career as “kind of a blessing and a curse” (https://ibn.fm/99y4P). Favre attributed the “curse” aspect to the injuries and concussions he suffered while playing football, which, he fears, could give rise to neurological problems as he grows older.
“You can get knees, ankles, or hips fixed or replaced [after an injury], and they’re nagging injuries, but we’re just scraping the tip of the iceberg of what concussions can do to anyone, not just football players. So, that’s the curse part of it – there’s no answer, there’s no solution to concussions other than…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to ODYY are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/ODYY
BioMedWire (BMW) is a bio-med news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to nearly 2 million followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with BMW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, BMW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BMW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. BMW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from BioMedWire, text “Biotech” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.BioMedWire.com
BioMedWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.