SCHEDULE 14A INFORMATION
Proxy Statement Pursuant to Section 14(a)
of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Filed by the Registrant x
Filed by a Party other than the Registrant ¨
Check the appropriate box:
|Preliminary Proxy Statement||¨||Confidential, for Use of the Commission Only (as permitted by Rule 14a-6(e)(2))|
|Definitive Proxy Statement|
|Definitive Additional Materials|
|Soliciting Material Under Rule 14a-12|
(Name of Registrant as Specified In Its Charter)
(Name of Person(s) Filing Proxy Statement, if Other than the Registrant)
Payment of Filing Fee (Check the appropriate box):
|x||No fee required.|
|¨||Fee computed on table below per Exchange Act Rules 14a-6(i)(4) and 0-11.|
|1.||Title of each class of securities to which transaction applies:|
|2.||Aggregate number of securities to which transaction applies:|
|3.||Per unit price or other underlying value of transaction computed pursuant to Exchange Act Rule 0-11 (Set forth the amount on which the filing fee is calculated and state how it was determined):|
|4.||Proposed maximum aggregate value of transaction:|
|5.||Total fee paid:|
|¨||Fee paid previously with preliminary materials.|
|¨||Check box if any part of the fee is offset as provided by Exchange Act Rule 0-11(a)(2) and identify the filing for which the offsetting fee was paid previously. Identify the previous filing by registration statement number, or the Form or Schedule and the date of its filing.|
|6.||Amount Previously Paid:|
|7.||Form, Schedule or Registration Statement No.:|
*** Exercise Your Right to Vote ***
IMPORTANT NOTICE Regarding the Availability of Proxy Materials
RESMED INC. Meeting Type: 2009 Annual For holders as of: September 21, 2009
Date: November 18, 2009 Time: 10:00 AM Australian Eastern Time November 17, 2009 3:00 PM Pacific Time
1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive
Bella Vista, New South Wales 2153, AU
You are receiving this communication because you hold shares in the above named company.
RESMED INC. This is not a ballot. You cannot use this notice to vote
9001 SPECTRUM CENTER BLVD.
SAN DIEGO, CA 92123 these shares. This communication presents only an ATTN: CONSTANCE BIENFAIT overview of the more complete proxy materials that are available to you on the Internet. You may view the proxy materials online at www.proxyvote.com or easily request a paper copy (see reverse side).
We encourage you to access and review all of the important information contained in the proxy materials P84136 before voting.
- See the reverse side of this notice to obtain M17339 proxy materials and voting instructions.
Before You Vote
How to Access the Proxy Materials
Proxy Materials Available to VIEW or RECEIVE:
NOTICE AND PROXY STATEMENT
How to View Online:
Have the 12-Digit Control Number available (located on the following page) and visit: www.proxyvote.com.
How to Request and Receive a PAPER or E-MAIL Copy:
If you want to receive a paper or e-mail copy of these documents, you must request one. There is NO charge for requesting a copy. Please choose one of the following methods to make your request:
1) BY INTERNET: www.proxyvote.com
2) BY TELEPHONE: 1-800-579-1639
3) BY E-MAIL*: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If requesting materials by e-mail, please send a blank e-mail with the 12-Digit Control Number (located on the following page) in the subject line.
Requests, instructions and other inquiries sent to this e-mail address will NOT be forwarded to your investment advisor. Please make the request as instructed above on or before November 4, 2009 to facilitate timely delivery.
How To Vote
Please Choose One of the Following Voting Methods
Vote In Person: Many stockholder meetings have attendance requirements including, but not limited to, the possession P84136 of an attendance ticket issued by the entity holding the meeting. Please check the meeting materials for any specialrequirements for meeting attendance. At the Meeting you will need to request a ballot to vote these shares.
Vote By Internet: To vote now by Internet, go to www.proxyvote.com. Have the 12 Digit Control Number available M17340 and follow the instructions.
Vote By Mail: You can vote by mail by requesting a paper copy of the materials, which will include a proxy card.
The Board of Directors recommends that
you vote FOR the following:
1. Election of three directors, each to serve for a three-year term.
1a) Peter Farrell 1b) Gary Pace 1c) Ronald Taylor
2. Approval of the Amendment to the Amended and Restated ResMed Inc. 2006 Incentive Award Plan, to rename the plan, increase the number of shares authorized for issuance thereunder from 9,900,000 to 11,460,825, and extend the term of the plan from October 1, 2018 to September 29, 2019, which approvals will also constitute approval under Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Listing Rule 10.14, including approval of the issuance of shares to our directors, officers, employees and consultants as set forth in the plan; and
3. Approval of the Amendment to The ResMed Inc. Employee Stock Purchase Plan to rename the plan, to increase the number of shares authorized for issuance thereunder from 500,000 to 1,100,000 and extend the maximum term of the plan from November 13, 2013 to September 29, 2019, and make certain other changes; and
4. Ratification of the selection of KPMG LLP as our independent auditors to examine our consolidated financial statements for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010; and
5. Transaction of such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
The Board of Directors recommends you vote FOR the following proposal(s):